Meet Dr. Joseph A. Perrone
UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH ORAL & MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY RESIDENCY – Certificate in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Advance Trauma Life Support (ATLS) (current certification)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) (current certification)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (current certification)
- Basic Life Support CPR certification (BLS) (current certification)
2010-2014 UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH SCHOOL OF MEDICINE – M.D.
2006-2010 UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT SCHOOL OF DENTAL MEDICINE – D.M.D.
2002-2006 MUHLENBERG COLLEGE – B.S.
2016-present Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery –
- Milford & Derby Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
2016 Straumann National Resident Symposium, Atlanta, GA
- Participated in group discussions for the advancement of the field of dentistry and implantology, attended practice management and small business courses
2015 Advances in Craniomaxillofacial Surgery Course, Burr Ridge, IL
- Attended lectures with some of the field’s leading surgeons, performed various complex craniomaxillofacial surgeries on fresh human cadavers
2015 AAOMS National Convention, Washington D.C.
- Attended various seminars and lectures on anesthesia, implantology, dentoalveolar surgery, orbital trauma, and maxillofacial trauma including one by Hugo Obwegeser
2009 Publication for the CSDA Communicator
- Wrote a research article on the basic pathophysiology and dental management strategies for treating a patient with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
2015-2016 Chief Resident – UPMC, Pittsburgh, PA
- Responsibilities included administrative duties, overseeing, teaching, and disciplining residents, coordinating patient care with attendings, operating, and overseeing patient management for the entire service
2009 Coordinator – Tobati, Paraguay Externship
- Served as coordinator of supplies and instruments; ensured that all necessary equipment was sorted, sterilized, packaged, and transported to the appropriate location.
- Provided oral health and preventive dental services to underserved indigenous families and children.
2009 Student Facilitator, 1st Year Problem-Based Learning Course, UCONN SDM
- One of five students selected to participate in a Yr 04 academic elective designed introduce 1st year dental students to medical topics and problem based learning.
- Students were chosen on the basis of their potential to become educators, their academic ability, clinical performance, maturity, and interpersonal skills.
2009 Suturing Workshop for OMFS Interest Group
- Provided mini lecture on basic suturing technique and theory to novice dental students, followed by hands-on instruction. Taught basic instrument tie and variations on suturing technique.
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Association
- Connecticut State Dental Association
- 2009 Connecticut Mission of Mercy – New Haven, CT
- 2009-2010 South Park Inn Homeless Shelter Dental Clinic – Hartford, CT
- 2008 School Dental Education Day – New Britain, CT
- 2007-2010 Tutor, UConn Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine
- 2007-2009 Orientation Committee, UConn School of Dental Medicine
- 2007-2010 Tour Guide, UConn School of Dental Medicine, Storrs, CT
- 2007 Advanced Head and Neck Anatomy Summer Course – student instructor