All-On-4 Dental Implants in Milford & Derby
Front-runners in the world of All-on-4®, our doctors have been using this minimally invasive teeth replacement method for years. Years of breakthrough discoveries in dentistry – beginning with the development of dental implants by Swedish Physician Per-Ingvar Branemark who proved that bone could permanently fuse with titanium– have led to the miracle method known as the All-on-4® treatment concept.
The birth of implants was foundational for replacing missing teeth. But the ability to replace an entire arch of teeth with just four titanium rods is a true wonder of modern dentistry. The first ever Nobel Biocare All-on-4® treatment concept was performed in 1998 by Dr. Paulo Malo. Now, after years of refinements, our surgeons continue to teach extensively on best practices for All-on-4® treatment concept.
What is All-on-4® treatment concept?
All-on-4® treatment concept is a life-changing same-day procedure for patients missing all or most of their teeth. This innovative procedure involves attaching a full arch prosthesis to the jaw with only four dental implants in one surgery. A trusted, efficient, and economical alternative to traditional dentures, All-on-4® treatment concept has been successfully performed on thousands of patients for decades.
How is All-on-4® treatment concept different from dentures?
While dentures must be removed for daily cleaning and replaced or regularly reshaped, All-on-4® treatment concept is a more durable, permanent solution that ensures patients can eat, smile and laugh naturally and without constraint.
Is All-on-4® treatment concept a good option for me?
There are several aspects that can indicate whether or not you’re an ideal candidate for this procedure. Factors to keep in mind as you’re considering restoring your smile with the All-On-4® treatment concept:
- Missing Teeth – Since the All-On-4® treatment concept involves a full-arch prosthesis, any remaining teeth must be extracted, so ideal candidates have already lost most of their teeth. However, if you do have teeth that are still intact, they can be easily removed during the implant surgery. Our doctors would be happy to explain the process during your visit.
- Good Health – As is the case with any surgery, the better your overall health, the quicker the recovery and the lower the likelihood of infection. When considering the health of your mouth and jawbone in particular, the upside of All-on-4® is that patients who lack sufficient bone mass for traditional dental implants are excellent candidates because All-on-4® implants can be angled into the jaw in a way that that provides complete support and stability. Our doctors can easily evaluate your mouth and determine the health of your jaw and if All-On-4® would be best for you.
What is involved in the All-on-4® treatment concept process?
Thanks to decades of research and advancement in the latest technology, All-on-4® teeth replacement is a one-day procedure, so the process is quite quick. This minimally invasive dental implant solution involves the extraction of any remaining teeth, a thorough cleaning of your mouth, placement of each implant, an additional cleaning and suturing – all in one surgery. Afterwards, you will walk out the door with a temporary set of prosthetics attached to the implants. We will then periodically meet with you over the next six months to ensure perfect fit and comfort.
What are All-on-4® treatment concept benefits?
- Convenience: Only one surgical procedure
- Comfort: Customized fit
- Shorter treatment time: Only one day
- Full arch restoration
- Immediate function with a fixed provisional bridge
- …and more